Saturday, January 30, 2010

Instilling God's Truth in Little Hearts



A dear friend of mine gave us the best children's Bible book I have seen!  It is called The Jesus Storybook Bible. We have at least four "Bible books" for little ones and to be honest I refuse to read her most of them.  I get kind of mad when we read them because they are really missing the point in almost every story.  The angels are chubby little children with wings and the animals on Noah's ark are all smiley with bows in their hair.  Obnoxious.  I want to raise my children to understand God's love, His power, His holiness.  I do not simply want them to have memorized sugar coated Bible stories or Bible characters.  I want them to get the point and believe the truth of God's word.  So anyway, The Jesus Storybook Bible is not like the other ones!  The illustrations are stylized but are not silly.  They convey emotion that is appropriate, not smiley.  And the best part is that every story, Old and New Testament, points to Jesus.  There is an anticipation in the Old Testament stories of the Deliverer who is coming to save God's people.  I love reading the stories to my daughter every night.  I feel like I have had time in the Word!  I highly recommend this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment